Post Middle School

Miscellaneous » Tribute » History

History

Built 1928, incorporating in lower walls native Garza County stones from the town's first (1909) school, erected soon after the founding of the city of Post. This historic preservation occurred under leadership of supt. John E. Watson, outstanding educator, veteran of World War 1 service in the heroic rain bow division. The parent-teachers' association backed Watsons's stand, and bond issue passed in spite of adverse circumstances. When later growth called for a larger educational complex, to meet community needs, this became Post Junior High School. (1968)